How to publish a site from Visual Studio using Web Deploy
This article describes how to publish a website from Visual Studio using Web Deploy.
The following procedures are based on Visual Studio 2017. There may be minor differences between the instructions in this article and the steps required for other versions of Visual Studio.
Step 1: Obtain your Plesk login credentials
Before you can publish a website using Web deploy, you must know the correct login credentials. To obtain the credentials for your account, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
If you do not know how to log in to the Customer Portal, please see this article
- On the MY SERVICES:
- To the right of the destination hosting package, click .
- The Hosting Information tab displays the Plesk login credentials for the account. Make a note of your username and password and server name.
Step 2: Configure Visual Studio
To configure Visual Studio for Web Deploy publishing, follow these steps:
- In Visual Studio, on the project_name represents the name of the project.
menu, click , where
On the Publish page, click the icon labeled IIS, FTP, etc.
- Click .
- In the Publish dialog box, click the Connection tab if it is not already selected.
In the Publish Method list box, select Web Deploy:
In the Server text box, type the server name:
In the Site name text box, type the domain name of the site.
In the Username text box, type the Plesk username:
In the Password text box, type the password for the Plesk user:
Optionally, select the Save password check box to save the password for future publishing:
In the Destination URL text box, type the URL for the uploaded site:
- Click green checkmark appears when validation is successful.. A
- Click .
- On the Settings tab, select any additional options that you want. None of the settings are required to continue.
- After making any desired settings, click .
The Web Deploy upload begins immediately, and you can view progress in the Output panel.
If you did not select the Save password option during configuration, you are prompted to type the password at connection time.